Key Stage 2
- English - We will be building to look at persuasive texts and how they try to persuade the reader. We will then be reading and working on writing instructions. We will continue to learn our spellings in class each week.
- Maths – This term, we will be continuing with our number, shape, measure learning and money skills.
- Science – We will be looking at how animals change as they grow up, the life cycles of several varied common animals, including humans.
- Music – We are going to learn to understand how tonality creates mood (happy or sad).
- RE – Our topic will be about Christianity and Jesus’ teachings.
- Geography and History – This term, we will be exploring our local area and developing our map reading skills in Geography and learning about E H Shepard and his links with the local area in History.
- DT – We will be practising sewing skills!
- Food and Art – We will be exploring colour, emotions and mood in Art. Also linking to EH Shepard. We will also be using home-grown vegetables in Food and looking at how to eat healthily.
- Life skills and social skills – We will be learning about and practising travel and play skills and developing conversation and group skills.
- PSHCE – We will be learning about strengths and interests needed for different jobs.
Key Information & Reminders
- We will use the yellow reading diary books to communicate any quick messages/reminders so please do check the books.
- Please sign and date in these books when your child has read at home.
- PE days will continue to be Mondays and Wednesdays. On Wednesdays this half-term will be trampolining so please make sure your child has the correct PE kit in school on those days including white socks
- Please send your child in with a sunhat now the weather is warmer and a bottle of water.